Sean Surrisi, City Attorney
124 North Michigan Street
Plymouth, IN 46563
Phone: (574) 936-2948
Fax: (574) 936-4371
The City Attorney serves primarily in a support role within the City organization, providing legal counsel, representation and services to the public officials, employees, boards, and commissions of the City regarding the business of municipal government.
The City Attorney also:
- Drafts City ordinances, resolutions, and other legal papers;
- Reviews all City contracts;
- Handles City employment law matters;
- Represents the City in most litigation matters, except for matters handled by our insurance counsel;
- Prosecutes City ordinance violators;
- Collects fines, fees, damages and other monies owed to the City; and
- Serves as Americans with Disabilities Act Coordinator.
As a full-time, in-house, general counsel, the City Attorney's goal is to provide comprehensive, timely and cost-effective legal services to meet the City's needs.
Comprehensive Plan Update
A draft of the proposed update to the Plymouth Comprehnsive Plan, which will be considered at public hearing by the Plan Commission at its June 4, 2013 at 7:00 p.m. meeting is now available for review at the following link http://www.communitycollaborate.com/projects/plymouth-comprehensive-plan-update . Hard copies of the document are also available for review at the City Office during regular business hours.