Sean Surrisi, City Attorney
124 North Michigan Street
Plymouth, IN 46563
Phone: (574) 936-2948
Fax: (574) 936-4371
The City Attorney provides legal counsel, representation, and services to the public officials, employees, boards, and commissions of the City regarding the business of municipal government.
The City Attorney also:
- Drafts City ordinances, resolutions, and other legal papers;
- Reviews all City contracts;
- Handles City employment law matters;
- Represents the City in most litigation matters, except for matters handled by our insurance counsel;
- Prosecutes City ordinance violators;
- Collects fines, fees, damages, and other monies owed to the City;
- Serves as Americans with Disabilities Act Coordinator; and
- Serves as Title VI Coordinator.
As a full-time, in-house, general counsel, the City Attorney's goal is to provide comprehensive, timely, and cost-effective legal services to meet the City's needs.